Volunteer Centre Masterclass: Writing your volunteer policyThursday 5th March, 10:00 am -13:30 pm
Hastings Voluntary Action, Jackson Hall, Portland Place, Hastings, East Sussex, TN34 1QN
Although having a volunteer policy is not about trying to pre-empt every scenario that may arise from engaging and involving volunteers, it is a useful way of; making it clear to everyone why you are involving volunteers, how you value their input and some sense of their rights and responsibilities. This Masterclass is intended to demystify the process of deciding what should go into the policy by taking a step by step approach to writing it and ensuring it is accessible to everyone in your organisation.
This workshop will cover:
- Exploring the added value that volunteers bring to your organisation.
- Understanding what a Volunteer Policy is and why it is important to have one in place.
- Identifying the key elements of a Volunteer Policy.
- How you can overcome potential problems and write a Policy that is accessible and user-friendly.
Who should attend this session?
This basic level workshop will provide Volunteer Managers/Coordinators with an understanding of how to write or refine a Volunteer Policy for their organisation.
- The Masterclasses cost £25 per person for 3VA, HVA and RVA members and £40 per person for non members
- All the Masterclasses are facilitated by Lee Shepherd, Volunteer Centre East Sussex’s, Volunteering Development Officer who is a qualified trainer with over twenty years experience of directly managing volunteers and supporting groups to work with volunteers.
- To discuss any aspect of the Masterclasses, including which one(s) might be right for you, please call Lee on 07535 992 638.
- To book your place on any of the Masterclasses please go to: https://www.3va.org.uk/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=85