Volunteer Centre Masterclass: Planning to work with volunteersFriday 20th February, 10:00 am -13:30 pm
3VA Lewes Office, Bizspace, Malling Business Centre, 112 Malling Street, Lewes BN7 2RG
The Volunteer Centre Masterclasses are bite sized training workshops that can be attended as a series of learning events or as a stand alone experience. The Masterclasses are largely interactive, giving you the chance to try out new ways of working, and are designed to help you think through your work practice in a supportive environment.
Starting to involve volunteers in your organisation involves asking some basic questions, such as do we know exactly why we are engaging volunteers, what will it cost to involve our volunteers and how many volunteers should we and can we involve? This Masterclass is designed to allow people and groups new to working with volunteers to find their own answers to these questions in a relaxed learning environment.
This workshop will cover:
- Helping you to be clear about why you are involving volunteers in your organisation.
- Basic information about allocating funds to work with volunteers.
- How to create clear volunteer roles.
- The different issues that motivate people to volunteer and how to meet those different motivations.
- Basic information about marketing volunteering with your organisation.
- Basic legal information you need to know about volunteers’ rights and responsibilities, including expenses.
Who should attend this session?
This is a basic level workshop and should be ideal for anyone, and/or organisations that have recently started working with volunteers
- The Masterclasses cost £25 per person for 3VA, HVA and RVA members and £40 per person for non members
- All the Masterclasses are facilitated by Lee Shepherd, Volunteer Centre East Sussex’s, Volunteering Development Officer who is a qualified trainer with over twenty years experience of directly managing volunteers and supporting groups to work with volunteers.
- To discuss any aspect of the Masterclasses, including which one(s) might be right for you, please call Lee on 07535 992 638.
- To book your place on any of the Masterclasses please go to: https://www.3va.org.uk/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=84